Online Clinical Research Administration Programs
A leader in transforming health and health care delivery.
Learn More Today
Complete the form below to receive information via email.
Note: All fields required.
Note, 45 transferrable credits required to apply for BSHS and BSHS/MSHS dual degree programs.
100% Online Courses
#52 Research Institution1
Prepare for Breakthrough in Clinical Research Administration
Vaccine development increased the hiring of clinical research associates by 46% in early 2020.3 As private companies and government agencies seek rapid solutions to health crises, the demand for professionals who can support and oversee clinical trials and other research initiatives could rise even higher. Now, you can develop qualifications for these in-demand positions with the clinical research administration programs from the George Washington University (GW).
Learn from faculty with impressive clinical research experience, developing the expertise required for careers with biotechnology, pharmaceutical, governmental, healthcare and clinical research organizations. After finishing your program, you will possess the skills needed to support and oversee studies essential for advancing the development of medications, vaccines, biologics, and medical devices.
Continue your education online with GW to benefit from distinguished connections and career-aligned learning opportunities that foster success in the health sciences. While studying online, you will receive the same benefits and education as our on-campus students, joining an ever-expanding alumni community dedicated to discoveries that can make the world a better place.
- GW is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Clinical trial activity averaged 12% growth per year from 2016 to 20194
- Institutional member of the Consortium of Academic Programs in Clinical Research (CoAPCR)
- 65% of students think online programs are better or no different than on-campus classes5
Online Programs in Clinical Research Administration
GW’s clinical research administration programs appeal to professionals with varying experience levels. Develop multidisciplinary competencies required for this field by joining one of our dual degree programs or prepare for the next phase of your career by seeking a graduate degree or certificate online.
36 CREDITS; 2 YEARS
In this online program, you can develop skills for conducting and evaluating research rooted in biomedical science, clinical administration, community health, and health policy. The clinical and translational research courses prepare you to influence best practices for bringing emerging medical science findings into effective patient treatments.
36 CREDITS; 2 YEARS
With this online program, professionals in clinical research and related fields can build their knowledge of drug development and clinical trial conduct while gaining business, ethical, and legal perspectives on clinical research. Pursue this master’s degree to prepare to lead the business and science of clinical research.
21 CREDITS; 1 YEAR
Develop expertise to become the primary clinical research investigator on multi-site projects. After acquiring this graduate certificate online, you will have the opportunity to transfer your credits to the MSHS in Clinical and Translational Research program.
18 CREDITS; 2 YEARS
This online program will prepare you to be a strategic leader who drives success for health care or research organizations. You will also get the opportunity to transfer your credits into the MSHS in Clinical Research Administration program after acquiring your certificate.
87 CREDITS;** 4 TO 5 YEARS
Accelerate your career with this online dual degree program. Combine the work of earning your BSHS and MSHS to save time on your path to a career in health care. With the skills you’ll gain in this online clinical research administration program, you’ll be ready to participate in clinical trial conduct that protects patients by addressing ethical and legal considerations in product development and contributing to innovative medical research.
87 CREDITS;** 4 TO 5 YEARS
Our multi-level, dual-degree online learning option provides an accelerated format for earning your BSHS in Clinical Research Administration and an MSHS in Regulatory Affairs. This program combines the work for the bachelor’s and master’s degrees, helping you acquire both in less time.
87 CREDITS;** 5 YEARS
In this online dual degree program, you’ll learn to address ethical and cultural health care considerations through coursework in clinical research processes, clinical practices, health equity, issues in bioethics, clinical and translational research, and the management of clinical trials. Due to its rigor, this dual degree program is ideal for motivated, high-performing, and experienced students.
87 CREDITS;** 4 TO 5 YEARS
In this rigorous online dual degree program, you’ll study clinical research processes, good clinical practices, health equity, issues in bioethics, foundations in translational research, team science and research collaboration, and more. Clinically experienced educators lead online courses to help you build skills for researching and ensuring the safety and effectiveness of new drugs, devices, diagnostics, and treatment regimens.
60 CREDITS; 2 YEARS
Develop skills and expertise for contributing to the growing field of clinical research as you prepare to make a lasting impact on health care. This online program provides qualifications for supporting clinical trials, enabling you to help ensure potential new therapeutics, devices, and treatments follow regulations and are safe and effective.
Join a Tradition of Excellence in the Health Sciences
Founded in 1824, the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences was the first medical school in the nation’s capital. Today, we are committed to improving the health and well-being of local, national, and global communities through online programs that promote inclusion, service, and advocacy.Request Info
The Flexibility to Thrive in Class and Your Career
GW offers an innovative learning experience, delivering world-class programs that you can complete entirely online. We designed our classes for flexibility, allowing you to gain expertise for advancing your career when and where is convenient for you. Throughout your online program, you’ll benefit from our supportive faculty-to-student ratio and online resources that make it easier to interact with your peers and instructors.
Courses That Focus on Leading Groundbreaking Clinical Research
GW’s clinical research administration programs include innovative courses focusing on the role research plays in the development of life-changing medical treatments, devices, and biotechnologies. You can delve into clinical research processes, good clinical practices (GCP), and other concepts for entry-level roles or seek a graduate credential to gain skills for monitoring, auditing, and overseeing all aspects of clinical research projects. Our programs align with multiple certifications, including options from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) and the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA).
Discover Career Opportunities in Clinical Research
Through GW’s online programs, you can develop expertise for leading clinical research projects with the potential to make the world a better place. Select the online program that fits your professional interests, getting ready to oversee biotechnology, drug development, and translational research projects. These fields are experiencing steady growth, with clinical research employment projected to grow as much as 10% from 2020 to 2030.6 You could also build skills adjacent to clinical research as you prepare to advance into health care leadership, informatics, or regulation.
Careers in Clinical Research Administration and Beyond
- Clinical trial manager, $101,751 per year7
- Clinical research manager: $78,454 per year8
- Clinical informatics specialist: $77,893 per year9
- Clinical data manager: $75,462 per year10
- Regulatory affairs specialist: $70,719 per year11
- Clinical research associate: $69,022 per year12
Learn More TodayRequest Info
- Forbes. “#72 George Washington University.” Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.forbes.com/.
- U.S. News & World Report. Best Colleges Rankings: George Washington University. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://www.usnews.com/.
- Staffing Industry Analysts. “Demand Jumps for Clinical Research Associates Since Start of Pandemic Due to Vaccine Efforts.” Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www2.staffingindustry.com/.
- The Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP). “Analysis: Workforce Growth May Not be Keeping Pace with Clinical Trials Workload Needs.” Retrieved on May 18, 2022, from https://acrpnet.org/.
- Wiley University Services. Voice of the Online Learner 2021. Retrieved May 13, 2022, from https://universityservices.wiley.com/.
- O*NET Online. Clinical Research Coordinators. Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/.
- Payscale. Average Clinical Trial Manager Salary. Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale.com. Average Clinical Research Manager Salary. Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. Average Clinical Informatics Specialist Salary. Retrieved May 4, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. Average Clinical Data Manager Salary. Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- PayScale.com. Average Regulatory Affairs Specialist Salary. Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. Average Clinical Research Associate (CRA) Salary. Retrieved May 18, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
** The total number of credits and program duration depend on the number of transferred credits.