Online Graduate Programs in Integrative Medicine
A leader in transforming health and health care delivery.
Learn More Today
Complete the form below to receive information via email.
100% Online Courses
16% Growth in Health Care Jobs1
Top 65 University2
Meet the Demand for Personalized Care
In a recent study, 95% of surveyed patients were interested in receiving integrative medical treatments.3 Now, you can begin an education focusing on providing evidence-based, patient-centered care through the George Washington University (GW).
Our integrative medicine programs enable you to offer the whole-person treatments desired by patients committed to overall health and wellness. Explore our scientifically backed master’s and certificate programs to discover how our award-winning faculty can help you make integrative medicine techniques a practical part of treatment plans.
We offer each program online, providing a flexible way for clinicians and other health professionals to study integrative medicine.
Continue your education online with GW to benefit from distinguished connections and career-aligned learning opportunities that foster success in the health sciences. While studying online, you will receive the same benefits and education as our on-campus students, joining an ever-expanding alumni community dedicated to discoveries that can make the world a better place.
- Begin a master’s program with accreditation from the American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)
- Doctors in integrative medicine are more satisfied than their peers, per the American Board of Physician Specialties4
- Gain qualifications to sit for the Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) exam
- 65% of students think online programs are better or no different than on-campus classes5
Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine Programs
Discover online master’s degree and certificate programs that provide multidisciplinary skills required to offer whole-person care.
36 CREDITS; 36 MONTHS
Explore a holistic approach to health care practice that emphasizes the relationship between practitioner and patient. Informed by evidence-based practice, our integrative medicine program enables you to focus on the whole person, using all appropriate therapeutic approaches for achieving optimal health and wellness. Complete this online ABOIM-accredited program to acquire core integrative health competencies for evaluating patient needs and building personalized care plans.
15 CREDITS; 12 TO 18 MONTHS
Learn to personalize care plans grounded in evidence-based practice to address each patient’s physical, mental, and social circumstances. You can complete this certificate online in 12 to 18 months with the option to transfer your credits to our MSHS in Integrative Medicine program.
Join a Tradition of Excellence in the Health Sciences
Founded in 1824, the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences was the first medical school in the nation’s capital. Today, we are committed to improving the health and well-being of local, national, and global communities through online programs that promote inclusion, service, and advocacy.Request Info
The Flexibility to Thrive in Class and Your Career
GW offers an innovative learning experience, delivering world-class programs that you can complete entirely online. We designed our classes for flexibility, allowing you to gain expertise for advancing your career when and where is convenient for you. Throughout your online program, you’ll benefit from our supportive faculty-to-student ratio and online resources that make it easier to interact with your peers and instructors.
Scientifically Rigorous Integrative Medicine Courses
With GW’s online courses, you can explore evidence-based practices for offering patient-centered care. After finishing your program, you’ll have the ability to combine conventional health care with other scientifically backed therapies, such as behavior change, health coaching, yoga, and acupuncture. We also offer career-aligned concentrations in nutrition and a fellowship — the former prepares you to sit for the Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) exam from the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists℠ (BCNS) and the latter to sit for board certification from the American Board of Integrative Medicine® (ABOIM).
Stand Out by Delivering Whole-Person Care
GW’s integrative medicine programs appeal to professionals in every health specialty. Our experienced faculty will teach you to apply multidisciplinary findings to develop treatment plans, considering each patient’s health history to optimize their well-being. By learning the integrative medicine approach to health care, you can begin emphasizing the role of diet and nutrition while treating patients, helping them avoid or manage chronic diseases like type II diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.
Integrative Medicine Applies to Numerous Health Professions
Here are some of the professionals who can benefit from studying integrative medicine:
- Health Coaches
- Nurses/Nurse Practitioners
- Physical/Occupational Therapists
- Physician Assistants
Learn More TodayRequest Info
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook: Healthcare Occupations. Retrieved May 19, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. News & World Report. Best Colleges Rankings: George Washington University. Retrieved May 16, 2022, from https://www.usnews.com/.
- Grand View Research, Inc. “Complementary And Alternative Medicine Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Intervention.” Retrieved May 19, 2022, from https://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
- American Board of Physician Specialties. “Growing Trend Toward Integrative Medicine.” Retrieved May 19, 2022, from https://www.abpsus.org/.
- Wiley University Services. Voice of the Online Learner 2021. Retrieved May 13, 2022, from https://universityservices.wiley.com/.